Information Compiled by Jentri
Possible Indicators of Lyme Disease – Virtually all of the following can be caused by something else, which is one of the reasons Lyme disease is so difficult to diagnose. The reader is advised that it is an accumulation of these indicators, and their spread over a number of different body systems that raises the question of Lyme disease
What you may not know about Lyme Disease – Lyme disease, spread by infected ticks, is the fastest growing infectious illness in the U.S. after AIDS. Some attribute its sudden appearance and spread to ecological factors.
List of Factors Used by Lyme Doctors to Diagnose Lyme Disease – Note: the following factors may appear at any time after a known or suspected tick bite.
Lyme Information from Other Sites
The following websites are excellent starting places for researching both the science and the politics of Lyme Disease. Some also have links to many more Lyme-related websites.
- Lyme Disease Network
- LymeDisease.org – formerly CALDA
- International Lyme And Associated Diseases Society
- Lyme Disease Association, Inc. (LDA)
- Cassia.org – Lyme Disease Relief…Without Antibiotics
- Lyme Disease Foundation – LDF
- LymeInfo.net – Cheryl’s Lyme Info
- Turn the Corner Foundation – is dedicated to the support of research, education, awareness and innovative treatments for Lyme disease and other tick-borne diseases.
- The Human Side of Lyme – By Virginia T. Sherr, MD
- Basic Information about Lyme Disease – The International Lyme and Associated Diseases Society (ILADS)Testing
- IGeneX.com – IGeneX, Inc. is a specialty immunology laboratory and research facility that provides more sensitive tests for Lyme Disease. They also have a nice page on “what you should know about lyme disease.”
- Why is Lyme Disease Not Just a Tick Born Disease Anymore? Mercola M. D. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/05/dr-dietrich-klinghardt-on-lyme-disease.aspx
In the News
- Lyme Disease Awareness Month – May
- Lyme Disease in the News – Google News, current articles and archives
Videos / Interactives / Documentaries